The Valuation Office Agency (VOA) is an executive agency of HM Revenue & Customs. Most, though certainly not all, of the work we do involves compiling and maintaining the rating and council tax lists for England and Wales. It is these lists that form the basis for the business rates and council tax bills issued by local councils. For more information on our work, visit the Valuation Office Agency homepage.
You can contact your local office by calling: 03000 501501
If your enquiry relates to any other HMRC services, or you are looking for your local HMRC tax office, please use the search on www.hmrc.gov.uk.
Address72 Church Street
Council Tax Email: email@example.com
Non-Domestic Rating Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Second & Third
Please ask for details of best routes out of the city before departing
Travelling By Car
If you are coming by car the M62 is the major most direct route into the city from the national motorway network.
- At the end of the M62 motorway follow ‘City Centre A5047’
- Continue along for approx 3 miles
- After the Texaco petrol station turn left at the lights into Marmaduke Street and go straight on through the next lights
- After the Tesco store turn right at the lights into Chatham Place
- Follow this straight on down through the University Campus, past the Cathedral (on the right hand side) and down into Mount Pleasant
- At the bottom of Mount Pleasant park in the NCP car park of that name
- On leaving the car park by foot, walk downhill
- You will see the main entrance to Lewis’s Department Store (huge statue over the doors) in front of you
- Here turn down into Ranelagh Street
- Go straight on, passing Mc Donald’s on the right hand side and Central Station on the left hand side
- Turn right at Lloyds bank into Church Street (pedestrianised)
- The VOA is two doors down from Lloyds
Travelling by Public Transport
If you are coming by public transport:
Liverpool Lime Street station is a 5 to 10 minutes walk from the office and is the main line terminus for Virgin rail services from London Euston (journey time approx 2 ½ hours).
Cross country services from the North East, Scotland, Manchester and the South West also terminate at Liverpool Lime Street.
- On exiting the station concourse turn left
- Cross over the road via the pelican crossing at the junction of Lime Street/Skelhorne Street into Richmond Street (former cinema on corner) and down the pedestrian ramp past Argos and Woolworths into the main precinct ("Boots" on left), Clayton Square
- Continue down Parker Street past Tesco Metro on your right and walk to the end of Parker Street (Dixons ahead of you)
- Turn left into Church Street
- The entrance to the office is on the opposite side of the pedestrianised area between the Alliance & Leicester and the police information centre
Local rail services are operated by Merseyrail.
Liverpool Central station is situated on Ranelagh Street, 200 metres from the office.
Services run from here to most of Merseyside including the Wirral and to Southport and Wigan.